- MEAN (Mongo, Express, Angular, Node) with frameworks such as Bootstrap, React, jQuery and build tools such as Gulp, Bower and LESS/SASS.
- PSI offers a Mobile Enterprise Solution Platform (MEAP) for Utility, Energy, Telecommunications and Government sectors in over 40 countries worldwide. Responsibilities included Architecting and engineering a cloud storage API for mobile devices, forking the MongoDB native libraries to provide functionality such as document versioning, documenting and making recommendations to improve productivity and workflow from implementing Continuous Integration to adopting an appropriate testing strategy and building Microservices using the MEAN stack and Hapijs.
- TOG is a hackerspace based in Dublin City Centre. It is a shared space where members can have a place to be creative and work on their projects in an environment that is both inspiring and supportive of both new and old technologies. Duties as a member of the board include ensuring the day-to-day running of the organisation, ensuring that finances are managed wisely, and that the objectives of the organisation are met.
- Developing FDA regulated Mobile Medical Apps (MMA) for the healthcare/medical industry while conforming to IEC 62304 International Standard for the software development of medical devices whilst in an Agile development environment. Working on the native Android app, I worked on the Bluetooth 4.0 / BLE communication protocol and high performance graphing of blood glucose values, and various UX/UI tasks as needed.
Senior Software EngineerRedHat Waterford, Ireland
- Leading the development of a Mobile Medical App (MMA) for Baystate Health on iOS and Android with Cordova and Ionic framework. Utilizing custom security plugins built in native Android (Java) and iOS (Objective-C) to meet with strict security requirements, in addition to a back-end HIPPA-Compliant API built using the MEAN stack. Participation in code reviews, mentoring junior developers, and architecture design while communicating directly with client to manage expectations to ensure that the project met strict deadlines
- As chief technical decision maker I was responsible for the full development stack, engineering research and development. We designed and built amazing things at Hypercube, from forking and building upon large Open Source projects such as Google Chrome, Android and Node.js to researching and developing full life-cycle mobile development systems (Android, iOS) with custom back-end and API with MEAN Stack and custom authentication models, we really pushed the envelope of what was possible.
- Developed an end-to-end solution including server-side Social Media Aggregation delivered to Mobile (iOS) via JSON package. MongoDB, Express and Node stack including developing a Twitter streaming API library written for Node.
self-study course in computer and network security
Second-class honours, upper division (2:1)
CITXX, NFQ Level 5